Look what I'm going to have to miss. I'll be going here instead.
So, instead of going to Minneapolis for a hip and exciting "progressive" conference put on by 21 women clerics with such exciting topics as (all presented in über-hip lower case letters - even when the names "God" and "Jesus" are used...):
- treating women jesus-style
- the boundary-breaking god of hope and promise
- jesus' body is hot again
- praying in color - doodling redefined
- missional, emergent, monastic, methodist, newday
- coming out of all closets
- HUMBITIOUS [an exception to the all lowercase rule...] - women & ambition, power, humility
- doubt is the new faith
Can you just imagine?
The topics for discussion will have nothing to do with women, the hotness of jesus' [sic] body, coming out of the closet, nor anything to do with orificia (regardless of what some people say about "The Gottesdienst Crowd!(tm))." And I do believe the plan will be to make full use of the uppercase letters - especially when it comes to the initial letter of the divine names (how "establishment" and "reactionary" can you get?). The theme is: "Not a Matter of Indifferent Things" and the questions under discussion are:
- So what's negotiable and what isn't, in worship?
- Nothing is an adiaphoron in a state of confession: meaning what, exactly?
- Is Gottesdienst adiaphora? Of course not, but why not?